Friday, April 03, 2009

stripes and some news

click to enlarge

::· ·:: hosted by tnchick


First the bad news (because I'd love to pretend I will be missed!) : I will be gone for a week to enjoy the above scenery and for some spring skiing, last chance this season. Therefore blogging will be rather thin postponed until later but I will be back for the alphabet challenge on Wednesday. The good news: I had the chance to meet the wonderful Bob-kat yesterday!! she isn't resting like her profile picture shown on the left, but visiting Barcelona for a few days and it was simply delightful to meet her. It felt like seeing an old lost friend somehow. It's amazing how blogging connects people, also in real life. We were too busy talking so we forgot to take pictures, therefore there is no real proof of our meet up but there are witnesses!

After a whole week of clouds and rain in Spain, I was happy to wake up to sunshine today again. That means Bob-kat can take wonderful pictures of her stay to share on her blog. And as I am preparing this post, more good news found their way to me: Proximidade, an award created by Dawn at Twisted Sister. and passed on to me by the wonderful Jientje (Thank you very much, Jientje, you made my day!) described as follows:

This blog invests and believes in proximity- nearness in space, time and relationships. Nominated bloggers are exceedingly charming, they aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. This blog award should be sent to another eight bloggers and they, in turn, should forward it to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade in your blog announcement. And please note that all awards and tags are optional…“This blog invests and believes in ‘proximity’ [meaning that blogging makes us 'close' - being close through proxy].”

The award is in Portuguese, in case you are wondering. And since you are reading this, know this award has just been passed on to you, should you so desire.

40 comments:

  1. yep...that is stripes.... ;) thanks drop at my post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the striped theme. I wouldn't have ever thought of a fence but that does make a beautiful striped scene. I hope you have a fabulous trip. Congrats on your well deserved award. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break. I love this stripes post. It has a wonderful view to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your stripes... Enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a nice photo, perfect and unique stripes! The award is wonderful, and I hope you have a GREAT vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time. Break a leg if you must, but don't mess up any parts you'll need for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea it was in Portuguese!

    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time,Mar! I'm going to be away too;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot Mar. I hope you are having a great time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo for this theme. What a beautiful place. Have fun skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great stripes!
    Have a great time skiing...i know you'll bring us loads of wonderful (make us all jealous) pictures. ;)

    I met up with a blogging friend at Christmas time. It was loads of fun. She brought her family so we did get pictures/proof. It was like meeting up with an old friend...although we did have to go through the real name bit (neither of us post our family's real names on our blogs.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative take on the stripes! Have fun skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great picture! :) I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Bobkat and had a great time. It's been a long time since I went to Barcelona (such a beautiful city).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, what a delightful place to be!

    Have fun Mar and take care :)

    A Portuguese award, how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like your stripes...and to think you are going away for a few days to ski in such an area! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. have a good break - love your stripes photo. ;)

    http://lesliesmyers.blogspot.com/2009/04/photohunt-striped-torcello-cat.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a great place for a view and another vacation. ARe you sure you haven't decided to go on vacation permanently right now? Well I hope you enjoy yourself and take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. *whew* You had me scared there for a moment -- but then you said you'd be back for Wednesday! I mean... YES, I will MISS you - but YOU don't want to MISS W and X!!! LOL!

    Of course your stripey picture is better big! Just LOOK at those mountains!

    So glad you and Bob-kat had such a great time together! Meeting other bloggers is always a treat! Someday it will be US!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That photo isn't of Spain, is it? In any event, hope you have a nice time in Spain -- and that it won't rain (too much) while you're there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have lots of fun on your trip...and you don't have to imagine you're be missed. You WILL be missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another holiday!? And here I am scrambling to find a short getaway for the Easter holidays. :(

    How lovely to have a blogger visiting! I would love to visit you one day and I hope you will plan to come to Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photo! Yep, last chance for skiing, spring is here, and summer is almost knocking at the door. Have a great vacation.And congrats on your award/.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photo! At first I thought it was a photo of white stripes and then I saw the fence. Love the illusion. What fun to go skiing for a week. That is good news! Loved your choice for stripes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, fantastic!! Love it. On first glance, the slats and therefore the stripes were the most noticeable and then looking closer could see the amazing view through them. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely. I haven't skied for a few years. About time I would say. Take care and no dangerous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous photos of stripes Mar. And enjoy your skiing adventure. Congrats on the award too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the view behind the bars...

    ReplyDelete
  28. MARvellous post.
    Your stripes represent your favourite leisure destination.
    Hope you will have a great Easter Vacation in the Alps.

    To meet blogfriends in blood and flesh, is exactly how you express it:
    Like meeting an old friend.

    This award seems like a very good idea. An award at least you deserve.
    My Portugues is way too weak to participate. I would be able to read and understand some, but to write: hahaha.Obrigado, then I prefere my local toungue.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great stripes! And a great time to come - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do enjoy your holidays Mar :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I do love your stripes... reminds me when i was skiing in the french alps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Enjoy your spring skiing and lovely lovely stripes

    ReplyDelete
  33. hello - glad you are having a nice time

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very beautifully (and uniquely) captured snow view!

    ReplyDelete
  35. congrats on your award, and yay for meeting your blogging buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Zooming around again! And meeting another blogger in barca! Enjoy the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Vacation, Mar...And So happy to hear about your Meet-Up with BobKat...BUT, disappointed there are no pictures....Boo Hoo....(lol)
    Come home safe and sound, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, the best part of every post!
☀ IMPORTANT: ☀ kindly leave your direct link to the current meme, if you have multiple blogs. Thank you very much!!