Friday, July 11, 2008

project black: take two



(click to enlarge!)

If you are a regular (thank you if you are and welcome if you are new through the Project Black!!) you know I live outside Barcelona in Spain, which is the world's greatest urban concentration of Modernist or Art Noveau architecture. This movement is characterized by amazing combinations of curved surfaces, as opposed to harsh corners and straight lines. An example of this is my above picture of a Gaudi black street lamp in central Paseo de Gracia. On the same picture and below in the middle you see another Gaudi work: La Pedrera.

Coincidentally, that's where I will be tonight enjoying the show "La Pedrera at night" with a jazz concert and drinks. Yes: I will be wearing black !

Hope I am not in trouble by allowing myself to reproduce the ad for the show you see on the left, I thought it matches the current black project very well! (It's a gif image and it isn't working, sorry about that, I will try to fix it later on can't fix it...but you can see the original ad if you click on the pic, then scroll down the page a bit)

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE Gaudi's creations. I really became aware of him through YOU, Mar...Those BEAUTIFUL Buildings in Barcelona--The Curves...Most unusual and he never ceases to amaze!
    Hope you will have a great time at The Jazz Concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is a first for me and I love it! Can I have that in my yard? (I don't have a yard, but if I did have a yard, I would want that right at the end of my sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost a pity for night to fall to hide that beautiful streetlight.

    I also LOVE the lines in that ad! Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mar!!!!
    Personally, black is one of my favorite colors to wear. There is just something about it that makes it dramatic or serious or even classy.

    Hope you enjoyed the jazz!!! [And the drinks!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SOOOOOOME street lamp! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cool... it makes the modern one behind it look so out of place. Hope you have a wonderful time at the jazz concert. Have a drink for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the contrast between this street lamp and the one behind it, as JC said. Wonderful capture for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous artsy stuff. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter spent a summer studying in Barcelona. What a gorgeous place! A photographer's paradise.

    Love the lamp post. And have fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I love all of the lines (and the blue sky of course.) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful Mar! Hope you enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your life always sounds like on big vacation, being in Barcelona would be for most of us.

    Where is Michele, by the way? She is still sending us around from the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. could that be called lattice work? I'm terrible at correct terms

    but I do know what looks beautiful :)

    enjoy the concert

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the curves and the artistry. You have chosen perfect subjects for black. Have fun wearing black at the concert...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is Project Black? Is it something that alot of bloggers are doing or just you? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just adore those lamp posts, they are so hard to photograph well.....nice nice nice

    ReplyDelete
  17. All that ornate detail on the lamp post is stunning...it makes a wonderful silhouette against the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so intricate n beautiful..the lamp post. the second shot is impressive too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, the best part of every post!
☀ IMPORTANT: ☀ kindly leave your direct link to the current meme, if you have multiple blogs. Thank you very much!!