Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thursday 13



This week's Thirteen Random Things


01. First week with this new template, Denise's awsome design. (visit Denise, she has a caption contest and you can win a free blog makeover!)

02. On top of that, this week I have a personalized TT banner!

03. Designed by the wonderful TNChick

04. I am very lucky because I have no idea how to design these things. I keep trying, though! but some are more talented than others... :¬)

05. I live in a pine tree area. I was reminded of this yesterday, as I detected the first yellow pollen all over...we look yellow for about 3-4 weeks! I have a dark car so I can see everyt trace of it, well- you do anyways! pics to follow next week. This is what I found in the web :" They (pine trees) are monoecious, i.e., individual trees have both female (megasporangiate) cones which bear the ovules and male (microsporangiate) cones which shed the pollen. The pollen is carried by wind and gravity; none of the pines is pollinated by insects or birds". (That was the botanical accent for the TT! I had a perfect link for the quote, but blogger keeps erasing them after I have saved the links, is it only happening to me???)

06. A visit to the car-wash was planned but quickly removed from the to-do list!

07. I normally line-dry our laundry (the weather allows it), but I cannot do it during these weeks! It can be THAT bad.

08. Oh, I have a dryer for the rainy days, we have wet and cloudy days in sunny Spain too. And they are very welcomed!

09. E-mail me if you'd like BlogMad invites. Or just leave a comment if your profile includes an e-mail.

10. And thanks for the kind "meetaversary" wishes (s.prior post)

11. Mr. Mar was away on a business trip but made it back just on time for a toast, cheers!

12. Father's Day is coming up but we do not celebrate it. Father's day is always on March 19 in Spain, it is St Joseph's Day.

13. And last, but not least, Happy St Patrick's Day!

glitter graphics


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here:
Nicole/ Lindsey

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





35 comments:

  1. I am first just because I wanted to know if the auto-link was working :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the auto link thing up too AND I am back doing the TT list AND OMG go read my news !!!!!!
    I get to meet Naomi ( amongst other things )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the cool new code on my 13 too!! Nice new look!!

    Mary, mom to many

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your new look....I feel so relaxed when I am here!
    so 'splainm blogmad to the blog newbie please.
    my TT is up and you are linked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. blogmad? what's that? if it's nice can I have one? Yellow pine pollen ~ sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise is so talented huh?
    AND! Love the autolink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello all, my TT are up. Also as an asside (although more importantly), I'm being extremely forward in anouncing that the Little Andy charity event can now accept online donations from anybody who would like to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your banner...and this auto link thing. Where did you get it? I've been seeing these a lot this morning.

    We suffered with the yellow pollen when we lived in Georgia...everything was yellow! I hated it!

    Mine are up.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was the banner too big or did you just want to have it smaller? Just askin'... :)

    I do like like pine trees!! We had them all over in SC and where I am now they outline the property. Thankfully, no pollen yet... hopefully everything won't turn to yellow dust.

    My TT is up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mar - haven't visited for a while and my goodness, lovin' the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No pollen here- not for another 2 months, LOL! :) I can't get into blog mad... well, couldn't all last week- even tried clicking on other's links.. shoudl probably try again, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mar, Everything is getting so high tech. I love the insant link. But at least we can still have clothes lines, eh. I have no dryer! I'm playing the 13 O'Thursday today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list Mar - TNChick did my header this week too. I have already learned some stuff from her - she is always so helpful on coding stuff...
    Love to line-dry my stuff too. In the summer it takes 15 minutes to dry clothes out-side - lol...
    Next week I get this auto-sign-up thingi installed - so much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your list! Denise is amazing isn't she? Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura , Le Laquet - I am not sure about BlogMad, I have had more blog traffic but the ones who comment are the good old blogfriends anyways, lol!

    Mental Excrements, the wild dancer- you got my mail, I saw that :)

    Kim - thanks, I like the new look too!

    colleen - I love the smell of line-dried clothes! specially bed sheets.

    Sorry about the yellow dust, everyone, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool! I am loving this autolink thing. Great! :)

    Your new template is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting my blog. You live in Spain and speak English this well? You know it better than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have no idea what BlogMad is, but I'll take an invite to anything :p

    I just love your new site!

    Happy Link free Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i dont think mine is working:(

    we have pollen issues too. eeeek gads it gets bad!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the new look! Sorry about the pollen. I need to look into the auto link thingy everyone has now!

    My TT is up
    http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, you are in Spain! My best friend lives in Mallorca. I haven't seen her in many years. :( One day hopefully. :) We have a lot of pine trees here too with the horrid pollen everywhere. I like your template. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your design! It is always fun to get spruced up for spring.

    Thanks for dropping by...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! A happy St. Patrick's Day to you, luv.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your list!
    It doesn't really rain in sunny Spain, does it?
    Have a great day!
    LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your template! And the customized TT banner - perfecto!

    I know what you mean about your car being coated in pollen - we get that here (Missouri) too. It really stinks when your son is severely allergic to it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  26. We have cottonwood trees in our yard that in May cover everything with white fuzz. The rest of the year they are beautiful.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog template!!

    Thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the new look and new banner! The auto link is way cool too. I stole my T13 from you (sorry should have given credit where credit is due!) Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lazy Daisy - we all have purses and we all carry lots of things in them, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great list.

    I'm gonna try the new auto-link next week. Would save SO much time.

    Thanks for stopping by my 13.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't know how to design the TT banners. But my hubby knows how to do that stuff. Maybe I should get him to make me some!

    My 13 are up.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am LOVING this new auto-link thing! I need to find out where to get the code for it....

    We get tremendous pollen too in the Spring... it's not here yet - but very soon! And then the itchy watery eyes... oh boy! Not fun! And no... you can't hang clothes out in it!

    My list is up.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, all I can think of is allergies when you talked about pollen. I'm terribly allergic and although I love Spring it doesn't love me! Love the banner and new blog look! I'm so jealous - I entered the caption contest, I hope I win, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice thirteen. Love the auto-link feature.

    Mine are up here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, the best part of every post!
☀ IMPORTANT: ☀ kindly leave your direct link to the current meme, if you have multiple blogs. Thank you very much!!