Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday-Freitag-Viernes


Friday fill - in:

1. The right word is peace.
2. Come in and shut the door quietly, please.
3. Up , up and away.
4. In front of the laptop is where you'll find me.
5. Ooh! What is that wooden thing?


It's a grolle, a wooden dish with pouring spouts to drink from. A grolle is served filled 2/3 with hot coffee, 1/3 eau de vie, orange or lemon peel, a bit of sugar too.Each person gets a spout assigned and the grolle is passed around after a meal or simply for a drink, as the evening goes by I assume no one cares about using the assigned spout to drink from...!! Cheers from the French Alps! (I am back, though...)
6. A cup of coffee right now is a good idea.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to browsing through old pictures (the pc wizard rescued 2 years worth of pictures (of which I didn't have a security copy) out of my virus damaged computer (yeahhhh for the wizard!), tomorrow my plans include backing up all my archives... and Sunday, I want to enjoy Spring weather!

More FFI's are found here.

11 comments:

  1. That wooden piece is so unusual. Nice Fill-in! Have great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a contraption! But yes, coffee is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool device! It's like a piece of art and what a joy to drink from it.

    I'm so envious of you. I imagine you enjoying the French Alps with a cup of coffee.... *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay for the PC wizzard!
    Have a great weekend Marcee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the wizard enjoy the memories it saved :-) have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pot is spectacular. i want one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing us the grolle. And the crepe picture is awesome. I'd love to try both of them. Have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting and educational too! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wooden piece is unusual yet interesting and I wanna have one. Mariposa's Friday Fill-ins

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 CHEERS for the PC Wizard! The grolle is very unique and interesting ... but I'm a bit of a germaphobe and will NOT be partaking... thankyouverymuch! I'll have my coffee in a cup please... or a mug! :) With cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 years of pictures. Hip hip hooray for the wizard!! That is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, the best part of every post!
☀ IMPORTANT: ☀ kindly leave your direct link to the current meme, if you have multiple blogs. Thank you very much!!