Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mystery flower



Beautiful flower seen downtown Barcelona...it's a tall tree! and of course I do not know a thing about it, maybe some of you? Thanks for any information. (click to enlarge)


Today's flowers

Update: special thanks to LadyLuz, who points out ...the nearest we have been able to come up with Chorisea Speciosa -Floss Silk or Kapok Tree: Spanish Arbol de los Pajaros. Here is a link to images .
And here is the confirmation, it is a Floss silk tree - Chorisia speciosa !

8 comments:

  1. I love this mystery flower. It's so unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! I can't give any information about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could help you identify it but I have no idea what it might be. It is absolutely beautiful and I thank you so much for sharing such a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen it before, somehow it reminds me of a Lily. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it must be a form of lily, Mar, but I've never seen it before. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it might be related to some kind of Orchid, but I truly don;t know. Whatever it is---It Is GORGEOUS! And that is a Beautiful picture Mar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flower. My botanist is researching ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, the best part of every post!
☀ IMPORTANT: ☀ kindly leave your direct link to the current meme, if you have multiple blogs. Thank you very much!!