Monday, November 09, 2009

yummy yellow Monday






A quick post - but delicious, nonetheless - with a shot from last week's short visit to Lisbon.
Pastel de Nata or Pastel de Belém is a small cream tart found throughout Portugal’s pastry shops or cafés. Casa Pastéis de Belém in Lisbon was the birthplace of this creamy dessert, and there they’re called Pastel de Belém, after the name of this Lisbon’s area. Since 1837, locals have come here to get them warm out of the oven and sprinkle them with cinnamon and powdered sugar...

What the wiki says about them can be found here. And I found one recipe here

15 comments:

  1. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM those look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you passing out free samples? And what's up with Thom? He won't eat sweets! He says they might corrupt his sour disposition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost three in the morning here but these would be delicious for my breakfast in a few hours!
    A yummy mellow yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, Looks very good!:-)
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, am I drooling or what? Just what would it take for you to ship some of these to the States? Huh, huh?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh man! My taste buds are having a hard time even IMAGINING such happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a delicious mellow yellow..thanks for visiting mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. no fair! Now you make me hungry! :( great picture though...looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dee ee eee e eeee eeeeeeeeeee Licious!

    Like everyone else, I have a sudden hunger :-)

    Hello from Minnesota,
    SpeedyCat

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! look what you've done, now i crave some sweets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My god!!! Stop Mar! I can't support more! I fall in love with this picture! i need a such sweety!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi thanks for dropping by my blog and for the nice words. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yummy. I'll take a dozen please. I love the ruby slippers poster in your next post. Maybe if I click my heels I'll find myself in a bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh deeelishhhh - would so love one now!!!!
    Lovely capture of a great delicacy!!!
    Gena @ thinking aloud

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, the best part of every post!
☀ IMPORTANT: ☀ kindly leave your direct link to the current meme, if you have multiple blogs. Thank you very much!!